Flat Fee Probate
Most wills are probated without a contest from any source. This web site attempts to point out in a straight-forward manner exactly what steps will be required in an uncontested probate.
Basic services - Provided in all Uncontested Probates and included in the "flat fees" quoted
- Review of Decedent's Will to insure validity and to determine what will be required to allow the court to admit it to probate;
- Meet with proposed executor to gather information required to make application for probate;
- Preparation of Application for Probate;
- Filing of application and original of Will with Court;
- Publication and posting of the probate application;
- Setting of a hearing on application in the proper court;
- Court appearance and presentation of evidence in support of application;
- Prepare and file proof of facts, oath of executor and order admitting will to probate;
- Hand carry oath of office of executor and present to a clerk of court authorized to issue letters testamentary;
- Order and supply to executor the letters testamentary;
- Work with executor to prepare an inventory of items belonging to the estate;
- Filing of inventory with the Court;
- Consult with survivors and/or family as requested by executor or executrix to determine if other special legal needs exist.
Also see articles: Different Faces of Probate, Horrors of Probate- Is it or Is it fiction?, Duties of an executor
"Uncontested " (basic services) for purposes of this presentation is defined as a will/probate where there are no questionable circumstances or conditions (i.e., mental capacity , undue influence, etc.) .